MS Office Forum

Ask Question   UnAnswered
Home » Forum » MS Office       RSS Feeds

excel question from a basic excel user

  Asked By: Maria    Date: Jan 03    Category: MS Office    Views: 1464

I would like to find out how to create a spreadsheet that has these
"collapsable" areas on the
left hand side of the spreadsheet. I believe + / - signs open & close the
collapsable data. I
saw it once in a spreadsheet and tried looking it up in excel Help, but I do not
even know
what is this function called.



2 Answers Found

Answer #1    Answered By: Debbie Reyes     Answered On: Jan 03

Two common ways to get to the expandable/collapsible area are the
"Group and Outline" or "Subtotals" options that can be found under the
"Data" menu choice in EXCEL. See:


Answer #2    Answered By: Leroy Schmidt     Answered On: Jan 03

That format that you are reffering to can be achieved by using the
subtotals option from the "Data" option in the menu

Didn't find what you were looking for? Find more on excel question from a basic excel user Or get search suggestion and latest updates.